Updated September 15, 2017
Thanks for reading!
The main goal for me and downhomedecorandmore.com is to provide you with some encouragement, entertainment, tip, tricks and behind the scenes action of my business, Down Home Decor and More. I provide a look into our lives that sometimes includes home decor inspiration, personal growth inspiration, or whatever I feel like writing about.
The information you see is free to readers and subscribers, but represents many hours of work on my part. That being said, I feel some compensation is appropriate and I have agreements with some companies who pay me. I do not want this to interfere with the use or enjoyment of my website.
I do participate in some advertising and affiliate programs. Both may provide me with some income and allow me to be able to continue to devote time to making downhomedecorandmore.com a useful and fun website for you.
I will only promote products that I personally use or recommend. Integrity is very important to me, and I always want to keep the trust of my readers.
You can read more about Google Privacy and Terms here.
What I can promise you
- The majority of the products or services I promote I have paid for personally. I promote them so you can hopefully have a great experience using them, like I did.
- I might promote products I have used personally that I did not pay for, but I still feel comfortable recommending via an affiliate link. Books are a good example. I often link to books on Amazon.
- I might also promote products I haven’t paid for when they have valuable free information attached to them. Online summits or videos are an example. I might provide the link to a video or workshop, and you have the choice to purchase, if you choose.
- I might promote a product I am not currently a paying customer for, but have been a paying customer in the past.
- Very rarely I will promote a product I have not paid for but comes highly recommended by people I trust.
Affiliate links / referral links
Sprinkled throughout this site you will see references to my use of affiliate links or referral links. These references are called disclosures and are a requirement as put forth by the FTC here in the U.S.
They are there to inform you I have a relationship with a particular product or service and if you choose to purchase that product or service via my affiliate link, I will get a small commission. Keep in mind, this is at no extra cost to you, but it does help us pay our bills and we greatly appreciate your support.
As of right now, I do not sell any of my products online, and if that changes in the future, I will update this portion of my policy. However, do check out Down Home Decor and More on Facebook to see when you can come meet me in person to purchase some of my products!
This blog is a personal blog written and edited by me. This blog may accept forms of cash advertising, sponsorship, paid insertions or other forms of compensation.
The compensation received may influence the advertising content, topics or posts made in this blog. That content, advertising space or post may not always be identified as paid or sponsored content.
The owner of this blog is compensated to provide opinion on products, services, websites and various other topics. Even though the owner of this blog receives compensation for our posts or advertisements, I always give my honest opinions, findings, beliefs, or experiences on those topics or products. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider or party in question.
This blog does not contain any content which might present a conflict of interest.
Thank you for reading!